Texas is in a moderate to high risk area for termites, making it very important to perform a Wood Destroying Insect Inspection when purchasing a house. A wood destroying insect inspection is not just a termite inspection and is typically required by lenders. The inspector also looks for conditions that might lead to an infestation along with a host of other wood destroying insects like carpenter ants, carpenter bees, or wood boring beetles.
Other pests like roaches, rats, or scorpions are not included in a typical wood destroying insect inspection, nor is the inspector concerned with conducive conditions for disease carrying pests like mosquitoes. This is where Venus Pest Company takes the real estate termite inspection to a new level with added services for you and your real estate agent that cover more than wood destroying insects alone. If the house had evidence of a rodent infestation, wouldn't you want to know before you make a purchase?
- We perform a full IPM Risk Assessment of the property covering 65 points of inspection for existing pest infestations and conducive conditions.
- Most common pests in our area plus
- Fire ants
- A personalized video is made for you covering every aspect of the inspection process.
- Current issues and conducive conditions
- Why they are a problem
- How to correct them
- Secure log in to view the video of your inspection
- As an added bonus, we'll waive the initial service charge if you choose us for pest control services.
- Represents a $50 minimum savings depending on the size of the house and the present conditions
- Having your initial pest control treatment performed prior to moving in your belongings allows us access to parts of the house that might not be accessible afterwards.
Our inspecton program is designed to work in conjunction with your structural and heating and air conditioning inspections to ensure you are as educated as possible about the property you are buying.
Annual Termite Inspections
In addition to pre-purchase inspections, your home should be inspected annually for termites and other wood destroying insects. Finding early warning signs can drastically reduce the time and financial investment required to fix the problem. Find out more about termites or carpenter ants and how to protect yourself.